At Arboretum, children are at the heart of all our work and our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing rich and enjoyable learning experiences. Everything we do as a school is to ensure that the children reach for the stars and achieve their very best: it is our job to ensure that they all reach for the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
We want every child to be successful; to reach for the stars from the very first day they join us so that when they leave us, they have a love of learning for the rest of their lives.
At Arboretum Primary School we will strive to:-
- Provide a calm, secure and stimulating environment that is conducive to all children having the opportunity to reach their full potential;
- Have regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every child brings to school and use this as a foundation for improving standards;
- Value the achievements of all children and provide opportunities to develop self-confidence and a positive self image;
- Provide a supportive culture in which all staff are encouraged to extend, develop and share their expertise;
- Encourage all members of the school community to be leaders of their own learning and act as a good role model to others.
- Provide rich learning based on the National Curriculum and Foundation Stage Curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, progressive and appropriately differentiated;
- Offer all children equal access to the curriculum and all aspects of school life; individual differences are appreciated, celebrated, understood and accepted;
- Encourage children to become good citizens holding British values, by developing caring attitudes, tolerance and respect towards themselves, other children, adults, their school and their community;