How Arboretum Primary School prepares children for life
in modern Britain
We ensure that our pupils and our school promote tolerance and respect for people of all faiths (or those of no faith), cultures and lifestyle.
Staff prepare children and young people positively for life in modern Britain, which pupils demonstrate through their words, actions and influence within the school and more widely in the community.
We educate our pupils to accept and engage with the British values of:
• Rule of law
• Individual liberty
• Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
• understand and appreciate of the wide range of cultural influences that have shaped their own
• show a willingness to participate in, and respond to, for example, artistic, musical, sporting,
mathematical, technological, scientific and cultural opportunities
• show an interest in exploring, understanding of, and respect for cultural diversity and the extent to
which they understand, accept, respect and celebrate diversity, as shown by their attitudes towards
different religious, ethnic and socio-economic groups in the local, national and global communities.
• Understand a range of different cultures as preparation for life in modern Britain
• Demonstrate knowledge of the British democratic parliamentary system and its central role in
shaping the history and values of Britain, and which continue to develop the country today
• participate fully in, and contribute positively to, life in modern Britain