Two Year Old Nursery Admission Policy
From 1 September 2013, 20% of two year olds are eligible for funded places. This will improve the attainment and life chances of some of our most disadvantaged children and support working parents.
All two year olds who are looked after by their local authority are eligible.
2 year olds whose family receives one of the following are also eligible:
- Income support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income not over £16,190
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
When a family has a letter from the Local Authority to say that their child is eligible for a two year old nursery place they will be placed on the waiting list for a place for either a morning or afternoon place.
Where there is a waiting list, priority will be given by the Governors to admission applications as ordered here:-
- Children who are ’Looked after’ in accordance with section 22 of the Children Act 1989.
- Children who are on the Child Protection Register and live in the normal area served by the school.
- Children who are both living in the normal catchment area of the school and have siblings of compulsory school age attending the school at the time of admission.
- Children who are the subject of a statutory assessment or a statement of special educational needs and live in the normal area served by the school.
- Children where there is outside agency involvement and live in the normal area served by the school.
- Children from the normal area of the school in date of birth order.
- Children from the wider area of the school in date of birth order who have siblings attending school at the time of admission.
- Children from the wider area of the school in date of birth order.
- Children who attend the Two year old Nursery do not have an automatic place in the Three year old nursery or in Reception classes at Arboretum and should apply through Derby City central admissions.
- If you have a child in the nursery it does not mean that older siblings will be offered a place in the school.