Parent Governor Vacancies x3_Nov 2021
PARENT GOVERNOR ELECTION AT ARBORETUM PRIMARY SCHOOL
I am writing to you to invite you to stand for election as a parent governor, or nominate another parent to do so. In our school there are currently THREE VACANCIES.
The governing body, with the Head Teacher, has overall responsibility for the running of the school. Governing bodies have three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
No specific qualifications are needed. By volunteering you will play a vital role in ensuring that governors and the school are aware of the views of parents and the local community.
It is essential, however, that the elected person should have:
- A willingness to learn
- A commitment to improve education for all the children
- A commitment to Arboretum’s vision and ethos
- An ability to work in a professional manner as part of a team and take collective responsibility for decisions
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills, basic IT skills, including word processing and email
Additionally, the Governing Body is especially short of people with experience in:
- Links with Local Businesses
- Knowledge of Business/Finance/Health & Safety
Training is available for all governors and this governing body has an expectation that those new to being a governor attend free induction training.
Meetings are held in school, at 4pm one Thursday each half term.
The term of office is 4 years although governors may resign at any time during this term.
Parents/carers who have paid employment in the school for 500 or more hours per academic year or who are elected members of the Local Authority are not eligible to stand in these elections. Nominations must be from parents or carers with children at the school on the day that nominations close.
If you are interested in becoming a governor or would like more information, please pop into school for a chat or if you decide this is something you would like to pursue, please complete and return to the school office no later than midday on 28th February 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Clerk to Governors
Nomination form for election of parent governors
Please enter IN BLOCK LETTERS the name and address of the person being nominated for election:
Signature of person nominated: ________________________________________________
Signature of proposer (if different to nominee): ____________________________________
Name and address in BLOCK letters of proposer (if different to nominee):
Personal Statement (maximum 250 words)
I wish to submit my nomination for the election of parent governor
I confirm (i) that I am willing to stand as a candidate for election as a parent governor and (ii) that I am not disqualified from holding office for any of the reasons set out in the School Governance Regulations.
Completed nomination forms must be returned to the school office by Midday on 28th February 2022.