Numbers & the number system
Count in steps of 2, 3, and 5 from 0, and in tens from any number, forward or backward.
Calculation - addition & subtraction
Calculation - multiplication & division
Calculation - Fractions, Decimals & Percentages
· Choose and use appropriate standard units to estimate and measure:
· Compare and order lengths, mass, volume / capacity and record the results using >, < and =
· Recognise and use symbols for pounds (£) and pence (p); combine amounts to make a particular value.
· Find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money
· Solve simple problems in a practical context involving addition and subtraction of money of the same unit, including giving change.
· Compare and sequence intervals of time.
· Tell and write the time to five minutes, including quarter past/to the hour and draw the hands on a clock face to show these times.
· Know the number of minutes in an hour and the number of hours in a day.
Shape & Space
· Identify & describe the properties of 2-D shapes, including the number of sides & line symmetry in a vertical line
· Identify and describe the properties of 3-D shapes, including the number of edges, vertices and faces
· Identify 2-D shapes on the surface of 3-D shapes, [e.g. a circle on a cylinder & a triangle on a pyramid.]
· Compare and sort common 2-D and 3-D shapes and everyday objects.
· Order and arrange combinations of mathematical objects in patterns and sequences.
· Use mathematical vocabulary to describe position, direction and movement including movement in a straight line, distinguishing between rotation as a turn and in terms of right angles for quarter, half and three-quarter turns (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
· Interpret and construct simple pictograms, tally charts, block diagrams and simple tables
· Ask and answer simple questions by counting the number of objects in each category and sorting the categories by quantity
· Ask and answer questions about totaling and comparing categorical data.