Free School Meals
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits listed below, then your child is eligible for Free School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
In addition the school will also receive extra funding from the Government to use in support of teaching and learning (Pupil Premium).
We will also provide your child with one free item of uniform, free school trips and free school clubs including Breakfast Club, after school clubs and holiday clubs.
You can apply for Free School Meals online by visiting https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/link2ict
Or you can request school to apply on your behalf by completing the form below.
You can complete this form even if you are not currently in receipt of one of these benefits. Once your details are registered on the system, any changes will be automatically updated. So even if you are not currently eligible, you will be informed if you become eligible in the future.
UNIVERSAL INFANT FREE SCHOOL MEALS
All pupils in Reception and Key Stage 1 in England are entitled to have a free lunch each day in school. This is known as Universal Infant Free School Meals (UiFSM). It is not the same as the means-tested FSM above, and does not allow the school to claim Pupil Premium for your child, and it DOES NOT include the other benefits, such as free uniform, free trips etc.
It is important, therefore that if you are eligible for the Free School Meals above, you claim for them if your child is in Reception or Key Stage 1. We will ask you to fill in application form when your child starts school.